Through Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education we support students to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary to manage their lives independently, focusing on personal health and safety as well as living in the wider world, with a specific focus on topics that are prevalent in the lives of our students such as knife crime and drug and alcohol misuse.
Through our PSHE curriculum we hope to support and guide our students to give them the knowledge and understanding to confidently make informed and educated decisions that enable them to navigate the challenges of daily life safely and appropriately.
Pupils will be exposed to scenarios covering the following range of topics:-
- Careers Education
- Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco Education
- Economic Wellbeing and Financial Capability
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Relationships and Sex Education
- Safety (including Physical and Online Safety)